Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time Marches On



Hubby and I will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary on September 1st. We are still very much in love, but as time has gone on we have discovered new levels to our love that surpasses physical attraction and the mystic of getting to know each other some 14 years ago.
Love takes on various forms and we are very fortunate in that we truly like each other. A real bonus I think because we are the closest of friends and love to travel and entertain family and friends. Our family is so important to us both and we make family gatherings a real priority. We both enjoy the PBR (Professional Bull Riding), NASCAR, Colorado, Horse pulls at the State Fair, singing worship songs, and dancing. Dancing is how we met. Hubby was the teacher and I was the student. I was completely infatuated with his ability to glide me across a dance floor while smiling down at me the whole time. Our song is Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd. We even named our ski boat "Keeper of the Stars".
God blessed me with hubbyman 14 years ago when I really needed a friend. I was a single mother struggling with starting life a new. When we were dating he fixed every broken appliance in my house (he was really working to impress me ;-), and played video games with my son. He sent me flowers every Friday even though he couldn't afford it. Yep, he swept me off my feet.
Honey, this is my tribute to you...the song, our song, that you used to sing to me while we danced. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!

Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me
As I look at you tonight

I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

Soft moonlight on your face oh how you shine
It takes my breath away
Just to look into your eyes
I know I don't deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words
To show my gratitude

So I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew

No comments: